Value Chain Diagnostics
Are you tasked with the challenge of increasing throughput or reducing your company's cost of production?
Engage ETP as industry leaders and leverage our key experience in identifying and quantifying areas of opportunity in your value chain that support your overall value chain optimisation strategy.
Through a targeted series of workshops and analysis of your data, ETP will identify where there are opportunities to improve the performance of your value chain. This involves identifying opportunities to increase throughput, reduce unit costs and/or reduce working capital by limiting unnecessary waste in the supply chain, examples of which include:
- Wasted/scrapped materials
- Underutilised equipment
- Buffer inventories that are larger than necessary.
ETP will work with your team to identify the root causes of each of the identified sources of waste in your value chain and propose cost effective ways to resolve the identified issues.
Business Case Development
Do you need help in developing a compelling business case for a planned initiative?
ETP are experts in being able to assist organisations develop robust business cases and quantify all areas of value that can be quantified.
A robust and reliable business case is a critical factor in not only securing project funding, but in fostering executive sponsorship support throughout the project lifecycle. ETP can provide services to support business case development in terms of identifying the benefits, costs and risks for work to be undertaken. We are also able to make recommendations for adjusting project objectives and scope to make the business case more compelling.
Ensure your technology selection is the right fit for delivering upon your business and technology strategy.
Do you need assistance to make a significant technology selection? ETP has an acute understanding of the pitfalls that can lead to risky investment choices.
Leverage ETP's experienced professionals who can help you design, plan and run your technology selection process to achieve the optimal outcome.
We can assist with developing requirements and selection criteria, through to evaluation of products via product demonstration techniques that will highlight any potential technology shortcomings to assist you to make the right decisions for your critical infrastructure.
Enabling technology (IT & OT) innovation to best deliver upon and inform the business strategy is critical to securing the greatest return on investment, and gain or sustain competitive advantage.
We believe a good strategy clearly identifies the long-term objectives of your business and the roadmap of work needed to realise those objectives. Strategy is about thinking holistically about your business in terms of where it needs to be in the long term to compete effectively and seize market opportunities.
At ETP, we believe having an integrated business and IT strategy is essential to ensuring IT investments realise business benefits and support business objectives. This may be achieved by formulating both business and IT components of your strategy in unison, or alternatively developing the business strategy first and then refining the business strategy as part of developing the IT strategy to seize any technology-enabled business opportunities.
Business Improvement Projects
Effecting transformational step change improvement requires a fit for purpose methodology and approach. ETP has expertise in identifying and applying the fit for purpose methodologies to your business improvement projects to yield the greatest results.
A business improvement project may range anywhere from a small to mediumscale individual project, or a large-scale programme of work. Regardless of size, ETP will work with your team to:
- Define the high-level scope, project approach, team structure and business case
- Elicit business and technology requirements
- Design the solution to be delivered, including the business and technology components
- Assist in selecting technology products and vendors
- Formulate a detailed plan for implementation and detailed business case
- Assist in overseeing implementation, managing scope and ensuring vendors deliver upon the agreed scope
ETP can assist with any or all of the above aspects of a business improvement project or programme and tailor our services to suit your specific needs.
Standards Body Services
Leverage the best practice thinking and concepts from the manufacturing industry's focus to reduce your operating costs and advance your maturity towards a system-optimised value chain.
ETP have directly driven major enhancements in several standards, including:
- Significant advancements in the international standard for developing interfaces between enterprise systems and control systems (ANSI/ISA-95 and IEC 62264)
- Gap analysis and roadmap to ISA-95 alignment
- Writing technical specifications for software development teams and software vendors to align their system design to ISA-95
- Supporting submissions to improve the standard on behalf of our customers
- Developing a standards-based, open, secure, interoperable process control architecture through involvement with the Open Process Automation (OPA) Forum managed by The Open Group. The OPA Forum will investigate the leveraging of existing standards such as ISA-95, ISA-88, OPC-UA and DDS.